N2N Services, Inc. has an immediate need for a Senior Java Developer/Technical Lead at its Duluth, Georgia headquarters. This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned developer to leverage their skills and talents in a dynamic, fast-paced environment building cloud-native applications.
- Back end web development using Java/JEE/WebServices
- Solid understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- Hands on development experience with RDBMS environments, particularly Oracle, mySQL, as well as NoSQL databases (i.e. Mongo); Understanding of SQL tuning preferred
- Working knowledge of ESB technologies (Mule or Boomi preferred)
- Knowledge of Design Patterns
- Understanding of Linux (Unix) and Windows operating systems
Technical solution development
- Build or modify system to serve new purposes or improve workflow
- Test, maintain, and monitor programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of programs and systems
- Develop, document, and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards
- Review and analyze performance indicators to locate code problems, and correct errors
- Help develop a technology architecture by providing input to the Enterprise Architecture team
- Participate as technical lead in complex services and systems integration efforts, developing enterprise-class applications
- Work on the scoping, approval, development, and implementation of software projects
- Develop software solutions using industry and company best standards and practices
- Mentor junior software engineers
- Understanding of business functions and how that informs system capabilities
- Ability to understand and support complex end-to-end distributed application systems, and contribute to holistic problem resolution.
Planning and Organizing
- Understands tasks required in the job and taking ownership to complete tasks.
- Takes initiative to plan and organize daily activities and tasks.
- Ability to work independently on tasks, develop own work schedule and monitor progress against defined parameters.
- Ability to manage timelines, financial resources if applicable, and the activities of others to achieve success.
- Ability to monitor project progress and provide updates to managers.
- Ability to understand user needs through discussion with stakeholders.
- Ability to convey technical information to stakeholders and promote understanding of relevant issues.
Desired Qualifications & Competencies:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related areas
- 5+ years of post-graduation programming experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to react quickly to new demands in an ever-changing dynamic business and development environment
- Ability to work under pressure, producing results in an agile environment
- Must have a positive and a can-do attitude
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work with minimal direction